Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Before the crack of dawn

My two little darlings awoke this morning at 4:30 am, much to my dismay! No amount of coaxing, warnings, persuading, or enlightening ("the birdies are still sleeping" or "it's still dark outside") produced any results. I had already been up with Hollie and was decidedly not ready to start my day! How would I survive until bedtime, with three very active little ones? While I was pleading my case to my husband, severely tired exhausted, feeling defeated before my day had even begun, I asked " What in the world am I going to do? You won't be home until 9pm how will I make it through such a long day?" My answer did not come from Ryan it came from Kaylee. She looked up at me, a very thoughtful expression on her face and answered, "Don't worry mommy, don't worry." My heart melted as I knelt to hug her and thank her for encouraging me. Looking into her dearest little face and grasping a glimpse of her big brimming heart, energized my spirit and boosted my confidence to face the day! Along with God's grace, His strength, chocolate, and strong coffee I made it through my looooong day. Which started before the crack of dawn.
2 Corinthians 12:9 has become dear to my heart...
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me." amen!

"There's no such thing as calling in sick on mommyhood." ~ cokie roberts

MY TWO LITTLE DARLINGS!.... :)



3 comments:

  1. your girls are so beautiful -- inside and out!

    bless their sweet hearts....the most profound things i have heard have come through the mouths of my babies. they are a gift! you are rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that's a very long day but you have 3 precious gifts that helped you get threw it,im so proud of what a wonderful mother you are, cant wait to see you soon love ya ash xo
    ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you ashlee, i jsut found your blog and your attitude is so encouraging. Gods grace is sufficient!!! love ya sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete