Wednesday, December 9, 2009

On the Grinch...

I have to admit I have had a case of the Grinch this year. I remember Christmas' of past that were peaceful, calm and joyous. Where did that all go? This year I feel so busy. I have so much going on and expected of me. I can hardly get into the Christmas spirit. I can't even play my Christmas music! Maybe it's because I started things a little late this year. I still have cards to send, cookies to make, crafts to finish, gifts to buy, make, and wrap, concerts to attend, you get the idea. Hmmm, I'm not sure what the answer is? A lot of these things I either need, want or have to do. They're good things, fun things, special things but why so much at one time? It's almost enough to exhaust a person, almost enough to steal the Christmas spirit, almost enough to cause one to forget the true meaning of Christmas, and why we're doing all this in the first place!!
I pray that I would rest in the reason for the season and not linger in the hustle and bustle of it all.

2 comments:

  1. ahhhhh bless you ashlee. and all the mama's reading this are nodding their heads in agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen ruth. :)
    and i think ashlee - you've got 3 with #4 on the way, i think it's completely normal to be running low on energy and feeling overwhelmed! hope you can get through the christmas season and look back and see that you had some good times. :)

    ReplyDelete