I posted awhile back about how much I learn from my children. Well, I just have to do a little post again about a teachable moment from Kaylee, on who God is (
lol, my little 3 year old preacher). You see our little Hollie is not feeling very well, and with all the terrible flu's floating around it's made me kind of nervous. So I said to the girls, "We really need to pray for Hollie that God would make her strong." Kaylee looks at me then proclaims aloud(
lol), "Mom, God
is a super strong God!" There was no uncertainty in this little girl's voice; quite the opposite really. It was almost as if she was saying to me, "Come on mom, what are you worried about? Don't you know that God
is a super strong God, and He can totally make Hollie strong and heal her!!" I was taken back for a moment, but really blessed by her statement. I thought to myself that she is so right on!
I
needed to hear that! I said to her, "You're right Kaylee, God
is a super strong God and He can make Hollie a super strong girl."
Oh, out of the mouth of babes hey? If only I could have a little more of that child like faith in me.
"Now faith is being
sure of what we hope for and
certain of what we do not see," Hebrews 11:1
Hmmm, a verse I need to meditate on!!
Update: Another encouraging message from a wee one.
We decided to take Hollie to the hospital as her fever was getting to high. Ryan stayed home with the girls and Keona could tell he was worried. She said to him, "Daddy how come you're sad? Don't worry daddy Hollie will be fine, the doctors will help her too!" Once again at that moment Ryan this time needed to hear that! God and a doctor's wisdom will help Hollie through.
ohh ash, that is soo sweet your girls are so smart and so encourageing you have done such an amazing job raising them and teaching them about god
ReplyDeletelove you
love ali