I would have to say that Praise and Worship is one of ours, that draw us nearer to His heart. "Praise and Worship is what we as Christians were made for, to glorify our King!" It is a powerful tool... It can bring strong holds down as the name of Jesus is lifted up! It can change the spiritual atmosphere in a dark place. I remember times were I saw this happen: with a large group on a mountain top in India, or in the middle of a "red light district" in Australia, or in my own living room! Lifting up the name of Jesus is powerful, and brings glory to our savior. I also have come to learn not only to worship when I feel like it. Example: when I've had an awful morning and have rushed around the house trying to get everyone ready for church on time. Or everyone one is fighting or throwing fits; and I finally get there, and DO NOT feel like getting into worship. But praise God, I was taught that we make the choice to worship Him regardless of how we feel or if we feel worthy. We worship Him for who He is(thank goodness) not who we are. He is so very worthy. The awesome part is usually after the choice is made and I start lifting up God, and singing praises in no time at all I am filled with joy, and so glad I didn't go by my feelings, and waste a precious time of corporate worship with the family of God.
It's been exciting for us as parents to see the love for worship growing in our little girls. They love praising God at church with there friends, at home with us and a CD, or by themselves with there Hillsongs kids DVD. When we peek in on them and really see their hearts connecting with God it is a priceless sight. Our prayer is that it grows and continues through life...
I know for me, it has meant the world and made all the difference. In some very dark times just starting to praise God; or in the midst of a "storm" or a lonely time, or anything one is going through, worshiping and praising can carry one through. A good friend of mine would always tell me to "Put on a worship CD!", whenever I was down. I am so thankful to this day that she did that.
Before I became a Christian in my darkest hour I started singing old hymns and songs I remembered from Sunday school and God gave me a peace I had never felt before... So all I'm saying here is.... Praising God is POWERFUL!!!
Amen, sista!
ReplyDelete